Thursday, October 15, 2009

Georges Laraque, Booze Energy Drinks and Chicks Playing Hockey A-OKAY With Montreal.

So for those who are unaware, Georges Laraque, everyone's favorite toolbag, took part in an ad for Octane 7.0, and energy drink that contains alcohol. You can check out the commercial here. It's suggestive, but PG-13.

Now, I watched it and I agree, that it's not that HUGE of a deal, though the NHL and feminist groups went crazy. Laraque apologized and said that he donated all the money he made from that commercial to an animal-rights group (awww how cute) which I find hard to believe. His apology and donation was enough for the Habs as well. The team will not be punishing him in any way. Now I sorta have an issue with this...

The Habs, being an original six team, one of the oldest and all that should have done SOMETHING to show a little class. Just to send a message. Like I said, it's not a big deal, sit him for a game or something. he still gets paid and you quietly show you disagree with his decision. Who cares if the team was not mentioned in the ad? Everyone who watches hockey knows him and who he plays for. I think the Canadiens can live without some tool skating around picking fights all night. Do something to send the message out that you agree with the NHL that is was against the rules of the NHL (Article 25.1 of the NHL's collective bargaining agreement) and just look a little more legitimate. They had two guys on their team accused of drug trafficing last year and they did nothing, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I know I'm bias in this whole situation, but I'd like to think if Thornton was in a booze commercial they'd scratch him for a game or something. Just keep em in check.

Again, it's not a big deal, but I think there should be some respect shown to the NHL. Not doing booze commercials is one of the many things that make the NHL differnt from the NFL and other sports.

As for the feminist...get over it. Those women had the choice to not do that commercial.

B's back on the ice tomorrow. Lets see some blood!

Go B's!

No comments:

Post a Comment